School Psychologists have expertise in learning, development, behavior, and mental health. We work to find out how students learn best, and collaborate with school teams, families, and other professionals to support a wide range of learning needs. We work with these teams to build a safe, healthy, and supportive environment where all learners can be successful in meeting their goals.
- Consultation with school teams, families, and other professionals
- Support schools in creating optimal learning environments and opportunities for students
- Provide training and consultation regarding assessment and interventions
- Assist in identification and support of students with diverse needs
- Psycho-educational assessments
- Student concerns are addressed at the school-based level prior to being referred to district level
- Request for school psychology services is made through the school-based team.
- Referrals should be made following the implementation of pre-referral interventions, and after consultation with the school psychologist.